Ask Sarah Jane




I’ll be starting a new job at an office where everyone dresses casually. How can I dress with a little more style without being over dress? 
- Anonymous

Hi Anonymous, always stick to the norm before amping up your style. After all, you're still dressing up for work and do not want to be deemed as being too OTT. You can then play with the colours of your clothing although I would advice against pairing more than two colours. If you are looking at accessorizing stick to one section which you could either do some stacking of rings or necklaces. Do not go overboard by piling on too much accessories.  

______________________________________________________________________________

I love my little black dress. But feel it’s too simple. How can I upgrade my outfit? 
- Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, first of all, good on you! Little Black Dresses are a staple in every wardrobe. However it could be quite tricky to balance out the feminine soft side of it while making it a stand out piece. Try going for a huge statement necklace or earrings.

______________________________________________________________________________


I’m slightly chubby and feel very self conscious about the way I dress. What are some style tips to help me dress better? 
- Angela


Hi Angela, firstly, the prints! You could go for smaller prints and also vertical ones which would give you a more slender silhouette. Opt for darker shades of clothing, this helps mostly!

______________________________________________________________________________





Need help with fashion or home advice? Do you need some tips and tricks? Sarah is here to help. Email asksarahjane@offtherack.asia! Please include your name and question, and your preferred pseudonym. No private correspondence will be entertained.

0 comments: